Here at Hedland Senior High School we pride ourselves on the work we do to support staff, from pre-service teachers to those with 30+ years of experience, to develop into outstanding classroom practitioners and future system leaders. Aspirational staff are mentored through a range of career pathways that provide opportunities to lead teams and targeted initiatives in learning areas and across the school. An inspired and passionate staff will inspire our students.
Access to high quality professional learning and professional learning teams is co-ordinated through the support of a dedicated Level 4 Deputy Principal, and closely linked to the School Business Plan and our performance development processes. Our aim is to ensure that the staff at Hedland SHS are well placed to take up key positions in the bigger Department of Education system when they decide to take on their next career challenge.
For staff that enjoy a wide and varied social life, Hedland has a range of sporting groups and arts communities happy to welcome new members. The Town of Port Hedland has worked hard to ensure that there is something for everyone from singles to families.
For those who enjoy the outdoor life we are ideally located to some of Western Australia’s best camping, fishing and swimming spots. For those interested in helping out our wildlife, the Town of Port Hedland runs a volunteer Turtle Watch program during the hatching season.
Our busy international airport ensures that staff are just a short flight from key destinations such as Bali, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth, and we are a comfortable drive to Broome.
For those that enjoy good food and coffee, Hedland offers a range of restaurants and coffee shops. For more information visit Destination Port Hedland: http://www.visitporthedland.com/
- Access to high quality professional learning
- District Allowance on top of salary
- Subsidised housing – access to Government Regional Officers’ Housing (GROH) Program **
- Subsidy on air conditioning
- Transfer allowances, and relocation costs**
- Travel concession (including 1 free return flight to Perth per annum (subject to conditions)
- Tax concessions through salary sacrifice available on a range of items*
- Tax benefits – Zone Tax Offset*
- Ongoing Professional development
- Ten weeks Long Service Leave after eight years of continuous service**
- Free influenza vaccinations
* Please always obtain advice from your tax advisor.
** Teaching Staff Only