Dear Parents, Guardians and Carers
I would like to thank you for your support and contributions to our school community in 2017.
As a school community, we have achieved some great successes and have been able to celebrate this together. After all, the success of students in our school relies on the partnership that exists between the school and our community; parents, carers and families included.
As a school community, we are excited about existing projects and new opportunities for our students in 2018 and look forward to welcoming all students back to school on Wednesday 31 January, 2018.
Some of our successes and projects during 2017 and new opportunites for 2018 include;
- Specialist Arts Program production
- Launch of the Robotics Club & after-school STEM program
- Maths competition win
- VETis World Skills Competition, winning one gold, one silver, and two bronze medals.
- Expansion of School-based Traineeships and VET opportunities; new courses in Cert II Hospitality, Cert II Rail Maintenance, and Cert II Visual Arts
- University partnerships with access to selected 1st year university courses.
- New 53 metre rail installation for students to practice rail maintenance, being the only secondary school in Australia with a rail track as part of a Trades facilities.
- Revamped LEAP Program for 2018
- Year 10 Robotics for 2018
- Continuation and expansion of the Outdoor Educational Programs
- Implementation of Bring Your Own Device
On behalf of all the staff at Hedland Senior High School I wish you a safe and happy holiday period.
Friday 22 December, 2017