Dear Parents and Caregivers
Pilbara Ports are offering an exciting opportunity of a Cadetship program for school leavers based in the Pilbara who have successfully completed Year 12 or TAFE equivalent, providing local young people with a viable and rewarding future marine career.
Successful cadets will receive at least two years of training, which will include a period of shore based learning prior to the opportunity to go to sea, as well as financial support towards required study.
This opportunity will provide the marine cadet with the skills and experience required for a successful and rewarding career at sea. The cadet will be mentored by world class mariners and other marine support staff throughout the cadetship, providing invaluable knowledge that will support them through their careers.
What are Pilbara Ports looking for?
You can apply if you are a school leaver that has successfully completed Year 12 or TAFE equivalent.
- Successful completion of Year 12 or TAFE equivalent.
- To pass a medical, including a drug and alcohol test, audio test, eye test, and chest x-ray.
- A satisfactory National Police Clearance (NPC).
- To apply for a Maritime Security Induction Card (MSIC) – we will help with this.
- An Australian passport.
- You need to show behaviours that align with PPA’s values of Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Care and Courage.
- You should enjoy learning new things and being faced with new challenges.
- You will need to be resilient because you will spend long periods of time away from your family and friends without access to social media or telephone communication.
- The ability to demonstrate your understanding of what is expected of a marine cadet in the program.
- The ability to listen, as well as communicate well so that you can work with other people.
- Commitment to following instructions and learning new skills.
To find out more about the program and how to apply please see attached brochure below, or go to the PPA recruitment portal on PPA’s website: www.pilbaraports.com.au