Hedland Senior High School will be working with a range of Employers in 2017 to create rewarding, long term employment opportunities for Indigenous and Non-Indigenous young people.
We are seeking current year 10 Indigenous and Non-Indigenous students with sound school attendance and subject results who are interested in a School – Based Traineeship.
While completing year 11 and 12 studies, trainees will:
- Get paid while learning new skills
- Achieve a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Kick-start your career in the industry
- Receive support from your employer and mentors
- Help you to explore career opportunities prior to the end of your traineeship
Nationally Recognised Qualifications available include:
- Certificate II in Business ( Administration)
- Certificate II in Automotive (Light Vehicle Mechanic)
- Certificate II in Community Pharmacy
- Certificate II in Whare Housing Operations (Reece Bathrooms)
- Certificate II in Rail and Infrastructure
- Certificate III in Education Support (Teachers Aid Primary School)
If you are interested in one of these traineeships, you must have Parental/Guardian Support. You will also need to hand a Resume and cover letter to Mrs Russell by Friday 4th November 2016. Please also note that you will be committing to an 18 month contract when signing up for a School Based Traineeship.
There are only a limited number of Traineeships available, which are also subject to Employer availability.