Dear Parents and Carers,
You are invited to a SDERA “Talking Drugs” Parent Information Session on Thursday 28 November 2017, bought to you in partnership with HSHS P&C, Hedland SHS and S.D.E.R.A.
The session starts at 7:45pm and runs until 9:15pm
Entrance and Parking is via 78, Hamilton Road (Matt Dann side)
Please can you RVSP by no later than 27 November 2017 to email@example.com or Hedland Senior High P&C Facebook page.
The workshop will cover the following points:
- The importance of parents knowing and linking in with what the school is teaching about Drugs & Alcohol
- Examine what young people want regarding drug & alcohol education
- Explore the different drug types & their impacts
- Identifying signs of drug use
- What works and what doesn’t? Talking with and assisting young people around drug use
- Examine current statistics on drug & alcohol use – behind the media hype – What’s the real situation?
- Methamphetamine / ice – what is it ?/ how is it used?/ current concerns
- Factors that cumulatively protect young people from entanglement with drugs & alcohol
- Where can you get quality information and help