Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Last week all year 10 and 11 students attended a presentation by BHP & PROGRAMMED for the announcement of their Exploring Career Pathways program
Exploring Career Pathways program information:
Exploring Career Pathways will provide an opportunity for Year 10 and Year 11 Hedland Senior High School Students to experience Port employment pathways in both Vocational and ATAR through work experience opportunities.
- Year 11’s will complete a one-week unpaid work experience program from 18- 22 June 2018
- Year 10’s will complete a one-week unpaid work experience program from 30 July to 3 August 2018
BHP & Programmed Commitment
- Support Hedland Senior High School students understanding of future career prospects through work experience opportunities
- Mentor and Supervise students throughout the program
- Students learning supported in a safe and dynamic work environment
BHP are offering experience in Production, Maintenance, Marine, Site Infrastructure/ Site Services, Site Infrastructure/ Light Vehicle Workshop and Port Engineering
This is an amazing opportunity and is available for up to 40 students in years 10 & 11 at Hedland Senior High School and applications for the program are now open.
All Students who attended the presentation received an application package consisting of the presentation detailing information about the program, and an application form. These documents are attached at the bottom of this notice.
Completed applications need to be returned to the school administration by 8am Thursday 29th March. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Should you require any further information about the program please feel free to contact either:
- Julia Rahman, Continuous Improvement, BHP on Tel: 9173 6557,
- Steve Esmonde, Area Manager, Programmed on Tel: 9174 2001, or mobile: 0439 611 272
- Christian Apedaile VET Coordinator HSHS on Tel: 9172 8000
- Cindy Hackett, Workplace Learning Coordinator HSHS: 9172 8000
Program Information: Exploring Career Pathways Application Pack 2018
Application Form: Exploring Career Pathways Student Application Form